Martial arts builds and maintains muscle tone. A martial arts program is designed to keep the body perfectly conditioned. Its insistence on mental alertness keeps a sound mind in a sound body.
The immediate aim of the true martial arts is the welfare of the student. Not only will self-defense skills be attained, but more importantly will be the focus on the individual’s character development. A well-rounded personality can be realized only if the spirit is right. Courtesy, respect, modesty, loyalty, generosity and dedication are not only the source, but the reward of martial arts.
Martial arts are excellent for people of either sex and all ages. Women will learn an effective self-defense that can be used against an opponent who might be larger and stronger than themselves. It helps take off unwanted inches while toning the muscles through a fun and worthwhile learning experience. For children martial arts teaches self-defense while improving coordination. Many children’s doctors and psychologists recommend a program in the martial arts to correct childhood problems. The lessons a child learns will have a direct effect on the rest of their life.
Here are a few of the benefits you will enjoy from Martial Arts training, both physical and mental.
1. Mental Concentration: Not only physically will you find yourself being able to “go that extra mile”, but mentally as well. This is the ability to relax and concentrate deeply and more fully for greater lengths of time.
2. Personal Relationships: Both at work or at school, and with family and friends. Along with the mental concentration and respect for others comes an awareness of others and their needs. Respect, courtesy, kindness and sensitivity towards others will affect personal relationships.
3. Positive Attitude: The ability to defend oneself greatly improves self-confidence. Self-confidence combines with better judgment, integrity and overall improvement in lifestyle brings about a positive attitude.
Physical Accomplishments Include:
1. Improved Balance and Coordination: The will carry over into other activities of life. Also Instinct, agility and speed will all show vast improvements.
2. Flexibility: One of the first areas change will occur. Even touching your toes sets you apart from the majority of people. Good flexibility not only promotes good posture and physical looks, but will continue to improve your life physically as you age.
3. Endurance: Like flexibility, endurance will continue to show great improvements as you practice. Endurance will affect many areas such as becoming less tired while traveling, ability to excel in sports and constant increase of energy level.
As you can see, martial arts is much more than just a workout. It is an alteration, both physically and mentally, of ones lifestyle that will last a life time.